Avaire Forum  
Old 06-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Archive

Default Portable dishwasher

Author: Pat Crumley
Date: 3/17/2008 7:48 pm EDT
Hi, I've been reviewing the information on Avaire flooring, seems almost too good to be true. I certainly would love to use it in my kitchen and laundry room. My one concern is we use a portable dishwasher, so I'm wondering how this floor would do with a dishwasher being rolled over it each day. Thanks in advance for your response.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Archive

Author: Jonathan
Date: 3/17/2008 11:42 pm EDT
I can't really comment on "too good to be true" other than saying that lots of folks seem to really like Avaire. Honestly, we're not surprised - we designed the system to be both easy and robust.

For your portable dishwasher, I'd make sure you install Avaire throughout the area of movement; that is, install Avaire in the storage area, and from the storage area to the hook-up area. Even a full dishwasher will be generally less than 300 pounds - I would not expect any problems. Please make sure the subfloor is as level as possible under the path traversed by the dishwasher.

The Robinson Test we run exposes the system to much heavier weights for more than 5,000 revolutions. You can see video of the Robinson test at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vmf_Je468w

Let us know how your Avaire floor turns out!