Avaire Forum  
Old 06-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Archive

Default Concrete floor

Author: Derrick
Date: 4/27/2009 11:17 pm EDT
My question revolves around concrete floors and the processes that need to be done before laying Avaire flooring. We are finishing our basement and I want to install Quietwarmth heat underneath the Avaire floor. However, I'm not exactly sure what to do before I place the Quietwarmth down. Do I need to use a leveling compound to ensure the concrete is level? Do I need to use concrete sealant on the floor? Do I glue down the Quietwarmth or can I just tape it down? I called the Quietwarmth customer services, but I didn't feel the person was comfortable with their answers. I'm excited to use the Avaire tile, but I would feel more confident if I knew the steps.

Thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Archive

Author: chris
Date: 4/28/2009 9:33 am EDT
Quiet Warmth works great under Avaire flooring! You do need to make sure the floor is flat,1/4"in 10'or1/8"in 6',a portland cement based leveling compound will work fine and is available at most home centers. No concrete sealers are needed and no adhesive for Quiet Warmth is used, tape is fine. Don't forget to put the sensor for the thermostat before you lay the tile. I forgot last time and had to disassemble the floor. Hope this helps.Thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Archive

Author: Derrick
Date: 4/28/2009 9:54 am EDT
Thanks Chris, that helps a lot!