Avaire Forum  
Old 06-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Archive

Default Re-grouting

Author: Krista
Date: 6/8/2009 8:47 pm EDT
First I want to say that I just love my floor! I installed it myself in November 08 and have had so many comments about it~ Even the people who installed our new carpet that butts up to it were impressed.

But-I do not like the grout color! I used what was available in the store(I didnt want to mess with special ordering) , which was antique white, and it gets so dirty and shows everything. We have 3 kids, a dog and two cats so it sees plenty of traffic and I cant get the grout clean in some places. I would love to re-grout it with a darker color. Is this possible to do and if so, would I have to dig all of the old grout out or just down far enough to fill it in so it covers?
Old 06-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Archive

Author: chris
Date: 6/9/2009 1:28 pm EDT
I have kids and pets also so I understand! The flexible urethane grout will bond to itself so you dont have to remove all the grout,just low enough that the new grout will cover.It's eaiser to go from light to dark so you should be fine. Just try an area to get a feel for how much you need to remove.Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes!